Rental Company owes me over than 1600£ - HELP - Need Advices | Discuss

Welcome to the Property Forum where we can share our knowledge & experiences together to become better at what we do.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Enlarge/Change font size here

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rental Company owes me over than 1600£ - HELP - Need Advices
25/02/2018
5:13 pm
steffil
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Hi everyone,

I hope someone could help me giving good Advices.

I already contacted the Citizen Advice Dpt or sent an email to “moneyclaims@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk” but I did not have real Help.

I would like to do a summary and I hope you could send me Advice because I have no idea what to do and I’m powerless.

January 2016, I went in UK for the first time because I get a Contract for a Job.

For that reason, I needed an Accommodation quickly and I have been in contact with a rental company (no idea wether I should write the name here) for a room in NW of London.
It was my first time in UK and I did not speak so much in English therefore I have been confident to the guy of the rental company. I visited the room and decided to take it because it was the best I visited in 3 days.

I went in their offices signed all Documents to go in the room few days after. I moved in and realized some bad surprises in the flat, I have emails/pics for that. I also decided to stay only for 6 months in that flat and move in a better flat afterwards. In June, as planned, I moved in another place much better in a better environment. 

Here began the issues:

1. I did a mistake and I thought I did stop the stakeholder at the Bank for the room but I did not so 820£ has been transferred to them.

2. The Company never gave me the Deposit back (810£).

I tried to contact them several times but they were smart, the never replied. I decided to go in their offices the July 14th 2016, the guy was a bit surprised and tried to explain me that it was normal and I should have all my money the week after (he could not give a signed document bcz he needed to let his manager know). Today, I’m still waiting.

Few weeks after, I realized that it was the same for another flatmate who left, a Spanish girl who came like me for the first time in UK to work. The other flatmate I have in contact is an English guy, has been there for the same reason and get his Deposit back (fortunately for him) the week after.

I know that I do contact only now but I was scared about the situation, they stole my money and not only mine because of kind of Discrimination and they attack ppl who do not speak much in English to be sure they won’t fight for their money. That is not fair and not normal, I think I should go to the Court but I have not enough money for that. Some ppl told me to send a Report to the small court but I do not really know how to do.

The contract contains lot of discrepancies, they never put my deposit in a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme.

I kept all emails, SMS, Documentations I could even they have been smart to not send a lot.

They use us because they stole money from ppl of other countries, that is not fair.

I hope you could help me (us) because I need these 1630£ and even now, with the damages they provocated.

I want to have my money back but I would love as well that there is an Investigation against this Company to stop all their abject behavior.

I can’t wait to have news/Advices, I would like to take time now to manage that situation.

Best Regards,

Steffi.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 755

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

PaulBarrett: 2898

Mary Latham: 2194

LyndonBaker: 1805

David Price: 1696

Patricia: 1048

DATA CONTROL: 979

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2612

Members: 6702

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 4637

Newest Members:

martinveale, adaandreea, henry12, rx256, grahamco, catsko

Moderators: News @ Tenant Referencing: 1636, laura: 15, Chloe: 107, lucybarr: 0, jaswhite: 20

Administrators: Paul Routledge: 3433