Thanks for saving me £2,670+ Landlord Referencing! | Page 2 | Discuss

Welcome to the Property Forum where we can share our knowledge & experiences together to become better at what we do.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Page not looking right? Please CLICK HERE to RELOAD

Enlarge/Change font size here

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Thanks for saving me £2,670+ Landlord Referencing!
16/05/2012
11:30 am
Paul Routledge
Admin
Forum Posts: 3418
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paul Routledge said
I have got a tenant who is screaming blue murder because he has just got turned down for a flat because I registered him after he tried to leave me owing £1404.00 Smile here is what he emailed me when he found out that I had registered him after he laughed at me and said he was not going to pay me.

He also tried to get me to abuse him verbally by saying there was nothing I could do about him not paying and taped it under his coat on his mobile phone hoping he could entrap me (as if I would fall for that old one)

Any way here is what he wrote:

Paul

What I require you to do is give me in writing what you are
saying about me on your LRS Register.

If you do not then I will pursue this further with the ISO.

Whilst we are in the subject of ‘Ridicolous Behaviour’ in your office ref
your e-mail 30th April 2012. Let me make it quite plain and
simple to you.

That is Paul was the one that behaved in a ridicolous manner by swearing
at me not me. I simply recorded it.

I would require ASAP Within 24 hours what you have written about me on
your LRS Database, if you do not deliver this then I will take further
action.

I am asking this because I have applied for a new property in Weston and
I am on your register and have been frowned upon.

End

So if you are a landlord in Somerset you can find this guy on your tenant alerts and you should not take him I am applying for a section 8 and hopefully he will end up under the pier where he deserves to be.

He seems not to be laughing now does he?

How annoyed am I today, this tenant has packed up and done a runner this morning. We received a call from another tenant in the building saying he was loading up a van. We sent the maintenance man around to follow him and they found out he has got a new property 3 miles away “Great we can now issue proceeding to him”, but the bad bit is that he got the property from an Agents in town and that Agent is a member.. So this Agent has joined to show their Landlords they care and they have even put a Landlordreferencing.co.uk sticker on their door,  yet they have ignored all the tenant alerts and not carried out a serach on the system for their Landlord.

Utterly disgraceful because now some unwitting Landlord is now going to have him in their Property and end up with a very bad tenant who owes already owes us £1546 Yell AAAGH!!

16/05/2012
5:02 pm
Kirsty
Guests

Omg… that is truly awful. I would be absolutely incensed if I had taken that tenant because the agent never bothered to reference with you.

17/05/2012
5:30 am
Sharon Carmichael
Members
Forum Posts: 242

Well, that Agent deserves every problem he will encounter with said Tenant and hopefully will learn his lesson and make sure he really does contact last Landlord.  I can only guess that said Tenant gave a false Landlord details – probably a mate of his – and the Agent rang them without checking with LRS that they were genuine – ha ha – crap agent gets crap tenant for his client.  Laugh

17/05/2012
5:31 am
Paul Routledge
Admin
Forum Posts: 3418

PaulBarrett said
This is what these a——-s as tenants rely on on; a LL not being a member of LRS.
Pity the poor old LL who has taken on your miscreant; he will end up being stitched up just like you and I and many others have.
You would have thought that LENDERS would wish to be actively involved in publicising LRS as it can go along way to mitigate against BTL mortgage arrears; effectively preventing wrongun tenants.
Ideal place for that would be the advisory details sent out with a mortgage offer, especially the bit about your home may be at risk if you fail to keep payments up!!

I just hope it is not a small landlord who cant pay the mortgage Paul. This guy does not care one bit and the Landlord will end up losing the property. This is a nightmare for any landlord and quite frankly the letting Agents should be struck off for this type of negligence or at least made to pay the rent if the tenant defaults.

This is the same old problem with landlords who do not use us to double up on referencing which also checks if their letting agent is doing the job properly and again the letting agent gets away with this sort of thing because they only need do the old fashion reference which is not worth a toss.

If there was ever a clear case of how good tenant alerts and lifestyle referencing can stop bad tenant this is it, but it does not matter how good something is if people do not bother to use itYell. I swear I just wanted to close my lap top and  get up and walk out and say get on with it, take these people as tenants because I have had enough.

22/07/2012
6:41 am
Jose
Guests

ideal alternative when the property market gets scary. This is primarily due to the fact that an investment in property

options is much safer than investing in the traditional real estate

22/07/2012
6:59 am
Mehvish
Guests

in foreclosure down at the puilbc trustee’s auction. It’s also an update on this post where unknowing renters were being evicted from the property even though they had a lease in place

23/07/2012
3:42 pm
Stacie
Members
Forum Posts: 41

I am still Lifestyle referencing all my tenants and continue to support LRS for the fantastic work they do.

I will actively promote LRS at every opportunity and want to encourage all Landlords to join forces with us all!

Lets keep the bad tenants out and make sure the good ones are well looked after! Laugh

24/07/2012
7:40 am
Rowdy
Guests

I’ve been a landlord, with my own 20 properties, for the past 5 years now.I’ve decided not to subscribe to the tenant’s deposit scheme but to take 2 or 3 months rent in advance, which is clearly worded in my ast contracts.My reasons are:I need the working capital – i.e. I need the money sitting in my bank and not the deposit scheme.You may argue that I would be exposed when the tenant comes to leave and their last month (or 2 momths) are free of rent, having paid in advance on day 1 – however what Ive found is:1. Those tenants that paid their rent on time also looked after the property and left it in a good state.and2. Those tenants that did not pay on time – well, I had their deposit in my bank assisting my cash flow when they did not pay – and if they damaged my property then I was covered by malicious damage insurance – the deposit left by a bad tenant would be swallowed up by missed rent and not go anyway to paying for the damage.The biggest exposure for a landlord is not being paid – so I advice that you take out rent insurance for the 1st 6 months – after which section 21 can be used to evict on an accelerated procedure with no need to go to court.Any advice just drop a reply.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 755

Currently Online: PaulBarrett
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

PaulBarrett: 2897

Mary Latham: 2194

LyndonBaker: 1805

David Price: 1681

Patricia A: 999

DATA CONTROL: 970

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2581

Members: 6477

Moderators: 6

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 4555

Newest Members:

siren66, lola, vali, dashingdave, oakleigh1, ruuthomes

Moderators: SamiiB: 455, News @ Tenant Referencing: 1613, laura: 15, Chloe: 107, lucybarr: 0, jaswhite: 20

Administrators: Paul Routledge: 3418

/* ]]> */