Landlord, fancy a rent reduction of up to 90%? | Discuss

Welcome to the Property Forum where we can share our knowledge & experiences together to become better at what we do.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Enlarge/Change font size here

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Landlord, fancy a rent reduction of up to 90%?
03/09/2018
10:15 am
News @ Tenant Referencing
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 1636
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Landlord, fancy a rent reduction of up to 90%?

No? We didn’t think so! That’s why we were pretty surprised to see that’s what has been agreed as part of the Homebase Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) to rescue the business from administration. The CVA will result in 42 stores closing and rents cut by between 25% and 90% on others.

Read more about this blog now @ http://www.landlordreferencing…..-up-to-90/

03/09/2018
11:19 am
Paul Routledge
Admin
Forum Posts: 3433
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If you continue to read this blog you will read a paragraph saying that struggling House of Fraser saw its rate bills rise from £3.99million to £30.24million this year following a Government revaluation, according to industry experts Altus

WTF, I truly do not understand what is happening to this country as the ship is still sinking and the government and opposition stand on the bridge squabbling how to arrange the deck chairs.

We keep on banging on about our low pound being of great benefits to our exports but people forget that the majority of what we manufacture in this country in raw materials is imported in the first place and therefore our raw material costs our oil, steel, plastic, food products, other metals, paper etc are all rising in cost thus creating our exports to be more expensive anyway.

However, even worse than that is that every household in the UK that purchases any one of the above products which comes into the country means the price is constantly rising for UK households. None of us really benefit from a low pound apart from tourism and taxes, and the only way we will is if we manufacture all our raw costs internally, but considering since Maggie and everyone since sold off closed down and shut everything we manufactured in raw materials we are a bit b####ed

So miss Terrassa May lets see you start by putting the £4 billion you promised to South Africa or the £15 billion in overseas aid (altogether that is £1,900 million pound of our taxes) back into our economy and manufacturing and let us all benefit here in the UK. 

The ongoing result from bad politics and overspending elsewhere is becoming very apparent and apart the fact that you have crucified the industry I loved (the PRS), I talk to many business men/women across the country in every walk of business and I can tell you not one has any confidence in the way this country is going in the future, it has got that bad that even when I speak to hard working people from Poland and Greece who have been here contributing as entrepreneurs for years, they say they are selling up and going home I really know you got it wrong.

Brexit is not creating this countries problems politicians are and its victims are every man woman and child governed by them. This government and their predecessors the chuckle brothers have been starving this country of growth and talent whilst over taxing and legislating against the very hard working people that will benefit its future.  

Ms May, I wonder if it is time to go and give the job to a more competent person even if that means giving it to the other “Village donkey” without a clue rant over. 🙂 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 755

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

PaulBarrett: 2898

Mary Latham: 2194

LyndonBaker: 1805

David Price: 1694

Patricia A: 1020

DATA CONTROL: 979

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2602

Members: 6645

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 4616

Newest Members:

traceyp, peterbrown, sarahl, nikkydeakin, sabinenj, rightgirlwrongplanet

Moderators: News @ Tenant Referencing: 1636, laura: 15, Chloe: 107, lucybarr: 0, jaswhite: 20

Administrators: Paul Routledge: 3433