Buy-to-let property emergencies, are you prepared? | Discuss

Welcome to the Property Forum where we can share our knowledge & experiences together to become better at what we do.

 Forum Terms & Conditions

Page not looking right? Please CLICK HERE to RELOAD

Enlarge/Change font size here


Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —


— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Buy-to-let property emergencies, are you prepared?
12:38 pm
News @ Tenant Referencing

Forum Posts: 1625
Member Since:
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When it comes to boiler breakdowns, blocked drains and other home emergencies, the inconvenience and unexpected cost can be a lot to bear on top of increasing buy to let legislation – especially if you’re a landlord with one or two properties.

Most landlords will have received a panicked call from a tenant at some point in their career, so will understand how important it is to get a trades person to the property ASAP to prevent further, unnecessary damage.

Whilst your property insurance will cover you for the likes of fire or flood, it may not pick up the bill/call out fee to secure the property, get a burst pipe fixed or turn the electric on – after all, you have a duty of care to your tenant(s) to make sure that the property is safe to live in and meets numerous health and safety requirements at all times.

RentSafeUK’s Landlord Home Emergency Policy will protect your property and your tenants against the loss of essential services, 24 hours a day, assisting in the following scenarios:

  1. Plumbing and Drainage
  2. Electricity Supply
  3. Security
  4. Primary Heating System
  5. Roofing damage
  6. Alternative accommodation
  7. Cooker / Oven
  8. Water Supply
  9. Gas Supply
  10. Pest Infestation
  11. Annual Gas Safety Certificate

To put it into perspective; according to British Gas, boiler breakdowns top their list of winter woes (37%), closely followed by blocked drains (30%) and then electrical faults (21%), costing an average of £542 to fix the problem and repair the damage. So RentSafeUK’s Landlord Emergency Cover (which includes an annual Gas Safety Certificate) is excellent value for money at just £249 (including all taxes) for 1 years cover.

For full details and the policy wording please visit:…..ncy-cover/

Related topics:

Free online maintenance and repair tracking tool for private landlords


Delayed repairs cost UK landlords £4.1billion a year

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 755

Currently Online:
26 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

PaulBarrett: 2898

Mary Latham: 2194

LyndonBaker: 1805

David Price: 1691

Patricia A: 1015


Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2597

Members: 6585

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 4588

Posts: 31340

Newest Members:

safe2use, briann859, lolly1066, freddypants, lukas, kje190283

Moderators: News @ Tenant Referencing: 1625, laura: 15, Chloe: 107, lucybarr: 0, jaswhite: 20

Administrators: Paul Routledge: 3418