These are the terms & conditions of use of this web site. By viewing and using this web site you indicate your acceptance of these conditions and agree to be bound by them.
1. The material and information on this web site is directed solely at and is to be used only by persons who access it from within the United Kingdom. This web site, all its content and any contract brought into being as a result of use of this web site is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. The release, publication or distribution of the information contained on this web site in jurisdictions outside the United Kingdom may be restricted by law. Persons in a jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom from which this information is accessed, published or distributed should inform themselves about and observe such restrictions and are responsible for compliance with any local laws (to the extent that they may be applicable).
3. Although Landlord Referencing Services Ltd has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information on this web site is accurate, neither Landlord Referencing Services nor its affiliated companies nor any of their respective employees or representatives make any warranty of any kind (expressed or implied) as to, or assume any legal liability for, (in each case to the extent permitted by law), the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any information contained on this web site, nor do they accept any liability to keep the information contained on this web site up to date.
4. By accessing this web site and paying your activation fee to your account you agree that, to the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd nor any of its affiliated companies nor any of their respective employees or representatives be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the information or hyper-links available on this web site. Your account activation fee is transferred to your account for future use for service of Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd, all activation fees paid by members is non refundable when activation of a account has taken place.
5. In the event that Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd is held liable for any loss or damage, you further agree that Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage which arises from your use of the web site for any and all purposes or from reliance on any part of it.
6. Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd reserves the right to revise this web site or withdraw access to part or all of it at any time.
7. Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd and its affiliated companies have not reviewed, are not responsible for, do not endorse the content of, and accept no liability in respect of any information contained on any web site that is referenced by a link from this web site or which may be linked to this web site. Links to other web sites are provided for your convenience only. If you decide to access other web sites through any such link, you do so at your own risk and will be bound by any terms and conditions of use which that other site may impose on its users. Any dealings you may have with any third party are your responsibility and Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd accepts no responsibility to assist in the resolution of any dispute that may ensue. Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of your dealings with any third party.
8. Copyright and Trademarks
8.1. The copyright in all web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other materials on this web site is the property of Landlord Referencing co.uk ltd and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers.
8.2. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of the web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the web site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this web site, including reproduction (except as allowed above), modification, distribution or republication, without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
8.3. All brand names used in the web site are trade marks or trade names of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of the use of any of these names or titles and moreover any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
10. Nothing in the web site should be interpreted by you as an invitation or an inducement to engage in any activity or project. All content is for information only.
11. Should any of these conditions be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable due to the laws of any state or country in which these conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these conditions and the remaining conditions will survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. Nothing in these conditions affects your statutory rights.
13. Credits purchased by members for the purchase of goods and services cannot be refunded as a cash refund. Once credits are spent on a product purchase those credits are non refundable should the service be cancelled. References that are cancelled once started may be partially refunded at the discretion of Landlord Referencing Services.
14. Website Communication & Email Correspondence. Landlord Referencing co.uk Ltd Website Product Updates cannot be unsubscribed from unless the Landlord Referencing co.uk Ltd website subscription is completely removed, in accordance with current legislation and the Information Commissioners Office.
15. Data & Security – LandlordReferencing.co.uk provides a range of services to landlords agents & tenants, by using these services you acknowledge the following:
15.1 Access – Landlord Referencing monitors this web site for security purposes to ensure it remains available to all users and to protect information in the system. Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy. By accessing this web site, you are expressively consenting to these monitoring activities in relation to site security which can include but not limited to collection of basic information including your IP address.
Unauthorized attempts to defeat or circumvent security features, to use the system for other than intended purposes, to deny service to authorized users, to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information, or otherwise to interfere with the system or its operation are prohibited. Evidence of such acts may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and result in criminal prosecution in relation to any applicable criminal laws.
15.2 – Submission – Some of the services on our website do give visitors the option of using a secure transmission method to send us their personal data. Where this is the case you will see a padlock symbol in your browser address bar. A message may also appear stating that you are viewing information over a secure connection in some browsers.
Where this is not the case, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information provided over the Internet is not secure; e-mails can be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and read by other people.
It is important for you to note that Email presents opportunities for potential breaches of security and data integrity. As a result of this, and in order to protect personal data, our email provider uses various protection facilities against viruses, phishing and malicious emails on emails we send & receive but we cannot be held liable for email practices of 3rd parties.
15.3 – Storage – We have implemented security steps and services to aid in the protection of the data contained within. The data centre is held in the UK with UKFast, behind a dedicated firewall with additional software firewall provided by Sucuri. Data held is the property of the service purchaser unless assigned and the user has access to their data.
15.4 – Access – Users are responsible for maintaining the security of their own IT systems and password protection. Passwords should be made to a minimum strength of strong to increase security and where possible this is enforced.
15.5 – Processing and Disclosure of Personal Data/Information – All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
15.6 – Acts of Terrorism / Theft – We take continuous steps to maintain the security of your data, with continuing review and implementation where necessary. Your personal data will not be disclosed except if required by law, other regulations or you have provided Landlord Referencing with explicit consent via agreement to any specific additional terms and conditions relating to a service or written consent.
Although every effort is made to maintain and secure your data in the event of a targeted attack on our systems you acknowledge that we will actively take steps to lock down and potentially remove access to data held. Due to this where necessary we recommend our users download and store their own copies of their data, should this occur they must maintain their own security practices.
15.7 – 3rd Party Data – We take our data protection obligations seriously however we are unable to accept responsibility for any personal data inputted by landlords or agent members. You accept and acknowledge that we rely on our members to input information and as such is entered by those parties. Should a data request reveal inaccurate information we will request evidence from our member to that affect and amend any information if evidence is unable to be obtained. We use a 3rd party to provide a financial search service and any data around this is provided by them and should inaccurate data be identified we will provide you with contact details to approach them to seek a resolution.
16. Data Request
We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data. Provision of a full response to your application can take up to 30 days. (Please note: we may require proof of your identity). We may charge up to £10.00 for this data.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data:
Erased, Rectified or amended.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
Comments are disabled.