WSM licensing scheme set to increase costs for good landlords and good tenants
Back in July 2013 Landlord Referencing reported on a new 5 year scheme set to improve ‘poor quality’ PRS accommodation in Weston-super-Mare.
Designed to cut anti-social behaviour in the town centre of Weston-super-Mare, from 2nd January 2014 all properties which are rented our and shared by unrelated persons (or have been converted into flats) will need to license with the Council. As with the existing mandatory HMO licensing scheme, failure to license with this new scheme is a criminal offence and carries a fine of up to £20,000.
The licence will cost Weston landlords £395 for the first two units they look to rent and if the Council locate a licensable HMO which falls within the additional licensing scheme and is currently not licensed (from January 2014) there will be an additional fee of £200 which will be a further cost added onto the licensing fee.
- Palmer Row BS23 1RY (All of road)
- King’s Lane BS23 1RZ (All of road)
- Hopkins Street BS23 1RS (All of road)
- Palmer Street BS23 1RP, BS23 1RT, BS23 1RU (All of road)
- North Street BS23 1QF (East side of road only)
- Clarendon Road BS23 3EE, BS23 3EF (All of road)
- Miller Close BS23 2SQ (All of road)
- Ashcombe Road BS23 3DY, BS23 3DS, BS23 3DT, BS23 3DX, BS23 3DU (All of road except number 2)
- Stanley Road BS23 3EA (All of road)
- Stanley Grove BS23 3EB (All of road)
- Lyons Court BS23 3DR (All of road)
- Locking Road BS23 3HF, BS23 3EN, BS23 3DW, BS23 3BZ, BS23 3DG, BS23 3BY, BS23 3DE, BS23 3DF, BS23 3DN (Part of road, Odds 1-93, Evens 2-64)
- Baker Street BS23 3AE, BS23 3AA, BS23 3AD, BS23 3AF, BS23 3AB, BS23 3AQ, BS23 3AH, BS23 3AJ, BS23 3AG (All of road)
- Swiss Road BS23 3AU, BS23 3AX, BS23 3AY, BS23 3AZ (All of road)
- Beaufort Road BS23 3BB (All of road)
- Gordon Road BS23 3BD (All of road)
- Milburn Road BS23 3BE (All of road)
- Trevelyan Road BS23 3BH (All of road)
- Stafford Road BS23 3BN, BS23 3BW, BS23 3BP, BS23 3BS (All of road)
- Orchard Place BS23 1QP (All of road)
- Back Street BS23 1RF (All of road)
- Cross Street BS23 1RE (All of road)
- Alexandra Parade BS23 1QZ, BS23 1QQ, BS23 1QS, BS23 1QX, BS23 1QZ (All of road)
- Meadow Street BS23 1QL, Bs23 1QQ, BS23 1QS, BS23 1QX, BS23 1QZ (All of road)
- Alfred Court BS23 1HG (All of road)
- George Street BS23 3AT, BS23 3AS (All of road)
- Alfred Street BS23 1PU, BS23 1PZ, BS23 1PP, BS23 1PX (All of road)
- Jubilee Road BS23 1AN, BS23 3AW (All of road)
- Alma Street BS23 1RB, BS23 1RD (All of road)
- Orchard StreetBS23 1RG, BS23 1RQ, BS23 1RJ, BS23 1RL, BS23 1RH (All of road)
- Little George Street BS23 3DJ (All of road)
- Camden Terrace BS23 3DH (All of road)
- Glebe Road BS23 3AP (All of road)
- Wooler Road BS23 3AR (All of road)
- Hans Price Close BS23 1NG (All of road)
- Waterloo Street BS23 1LN, BS23 1LW (Part of road Evens only 18-32)
- Boulevard BS23 1NA, BS23 1NR, BS23 1NN, BS23 1PE, BS23 1PG, BS23 1PQ, BS23 1NF, BS23 1PD, BS23 1NX, BS23 1NY, BS23 1PL, BS23 1NZ (Part of road, All Evens)
- Gerard Road BS23 2RE, BS23 2RF (Part of road, All Evens)
- Milton Road BS23 2SB, BS23 2SL (Part of road, Evens only 2-40)
- Burlington Street BS23 1PR (All of road)
- Prospect Place BS23 1RW, BS23 1PH (All of road)
Consultation on the plans saw just 4% of responders disagreeing with the council’s plans, and Cllr Ap Rees said that there were no plans to extend the boundaries because the study revealed no need for it.
LRS would like to hear from landlords and tenants in the Weston area regarding this latest news;
- Where you aware of this?
- Have you licensed your HMO yet? If so, how was the process?
- Is further landlord licencing needed ?