Tenant Referencing UK launch *NEW* Tenant Support Forum
Following an influx of enquiries from tenants we have launched a new Tenant Support Forum for private renters in the UK.
This supersedes the latest statistics released by the English Housing survey;
- Between 2005/06 and 2015/16, the proportion of households in the PRS with children increased from 30% to 36% – a rise of nearly a million households.
- The proportion of households in the social rented sector with children dropped from 36% to 32% – an 11% decrease; translating to around 123,000 fewer households in the social rented sector with children.
- The 6% point increase in families in the PRS equates to around 945,000 more households.
- The estimated 22.8 million households in England, 14.3 million – or 63% – were owner-occupiers, the lowest level since 1986.
- In 2015/16, the PRS accounted for 4.5 million households (20%).
- The social rented sector accounted for 3.9 million households (17%).
- Average private tenancies are up to 4.3 years.
So as tenant demand increases, so does the need for renters to fully understand their rights and responsibilities.
Which is why we now offer these rental services specifically for tenants:
- My Tenant Passport.
Where working or benefit assisted tenants (or guarantors) can pre-reference themselves for a fraction of what a letting agent would charge, that can then be used to show future landlords/agents that they are financially secure, competent and have good references.
- The Ark Passport.
A Referencing Product for low income tenants in receipt of any type of benefits, a tenant friendly, Managed Account with a national clearing bank and an Rent Guarantee Insurance policy that also accepts that tenants may have CCJ’s.
- A tailored Tenant Services directory.
- A helpful move in check list for tenants.
So if you’re a private renting tenant with a question please access our (free) forum now: Tenant Topics (click here to go).