Telford Selective Licensing Consultation begins tomorrow
Following a petition set up by local landlords in Telford, the council are moving forward with Selective Licensing consultations from tomorrow (13th June 2017).
The meetings are as follows:
– Tuesday 18 July 3-5pm Hadley Library
– Wednesday 19 July 4-6pm Hub on the Hill/Sutton Hill Community Centre
– Tuesday 25 July 4-6pm Park Lane Centre
– Wednesday 26 July 4-6pm Hollinswood Neighbourhood Centre
– Tuesday 1 August 4-6pm Brakenfield Brookside
– Thursday 3 August 2.30-4.30pm Malinslee Family Room, Children’s Centre
Wrekin Landlord Association’s counter proposals will also be a topic for discussion at their next Quarterly meeting due to be held on Tuesday July 11th.
Working hard to put together alternatives to selective licensing, they need your help to spread the word.
So please share the following link far and wide: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-selective-licensing-proposed-in-telford
Why is this important?
Wrekin Landlord Association believe that the process of the initial licencing consultation was perfunctory and did not explore alternative solutions to the issues the council is seeking to address. Licence costs can further prevent a landlord from being able to improve their property and do not provide incentive to invest in the local community.