Majority of students choose online letting sources over traditional agents
A new study suggest that 58% of students choose to use online sources to find accommodation, whilst only 25% use the traditional route of the high street letting agent.
The study of 1,010 students, conducted by Glide Utilities during May and June of this year, also reveals:
- 85% of students will not consider a property unless it has a solid broadband connection,
- 44% choose to go to the university housing offices,
- Students now pay £43 more per month than 3 years ago,
- Most students now pay over £100 per week for their rented home,
- 67% have bills included as standard in their rent,
- 64% deem the provision of a double bed as an important factor when choosing a room to rent,
- 40% will only consider renting a room with ensuite facilities,
Furthermore, despite growing concerns around debt and increasing costs, almost half of the students who took part in the study (47%) thought that their rental costs represents good value for money – with 76% generally satisfied with their accommodation.
These findings come to light following the independent research carried out by TR Online Lettings, which found that 80% of private renting tenants they polled prefered to use online letting agents.
As well as the potential for high yields, student accommodation is also highly attractive to investors what with more people going to university during economic downturns.
This must be why more and more landlords are taking advantage of the competitive lettings packages available at trlettings.co.uk. A highly professional and efficient residential lettings service to landlords and tenants, TR Lettings will assist you in the process of finding the most suitable tenant(s) for your property. Where, more often than not, within a matter of days their fully focused team will find you a reputable tenant and begin the lettings process, depending on which package you choose.